[Blink] Blink Chat

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Mon May 2 15:49:57 CEST 2016

> On 02 May 2016, at 10:31, Mike Nagie <promike1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I did a tiny research. Theoretically CSipSimple uses SIP SIMPLE protocol
> for instant messaging.

No, it does not. SIMPLE is a set of specifications for chat and presence.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/simple/documents/

For SIMPLE chat, MSRP protocol has been defined.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4975 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4975>

> I saw that Blink has SIMPLE protocol (Presence
> Agent mode).

Presence is not chat, is something else than chat. Nevertheless Blink implements both chat and presence from SIMPLE specifications and  CSipSimple implements neither of them.

> Does it mean they can communicate with each other?

No, they cannot as CSipSimple has not implemented anything from SIP SIMPLE specifications.

I am not sure they claimed otherwise either, where have you see that CSipSimple implements SIMPLE specs?