[Blink] ffmpeg dependency

Mike Nagie promike1987 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:56:01 CEST 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately a 'new' problem has arisen.
After upgrading my system, Blink didn't work.
I had the same output ImportError: libvpx.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory.

I had to downgrade

libvpx (1.6.0 -> 1.5.0)
ffmpeg (3.1.2 -> 3.1.1)
ffmpeg2.8 (2.8.7-3 -> 2.8.7-2)

I think libvpx is the crutial thing here. The rest just depend on it.

So what I like to report is; Blink presumably is not compatible with the
newer version of libvpx.

Mike

On 16-08-09 13:26:30, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> > On 09 Aug 2016, at 12:16, Mike Nagie <promike1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to ask you about the dependencies of the Sipsimple.
> > I try to maintain the Arch PKGBUILD
> > ( https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-sipsimple/ )
> > and ffmpeg was reported to cause problems.
> >
> > Comments are visible on the page but here's the bottom line:
> >
> > This happens when only ffmpeg (3.1.2) is installed.
> >
> > ImportError: libvpx.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> > or directory
> >

> > And only with ffmpeg2.8:
> >
> > aconfigure: error: *** Error: libavformat not detected ***
> >

> > So which version of ffmpeg is suggested, or both ffmpeg and ffmpeg2.8
> > are really needed at the same time?
> >

> Hi,
>
> We depend on ffmpeg >= 2.8 and also in libvpx, so you’ll need both installed. I’m not aware of problems when building against ffmpeg 2.8, that’s what we use on Debian Jessie, for example.
>
> As a general rule, even if Arch doesn’t use it, I suggest checking our debian/control file, it contains the always up to date list of required dependencies.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> AG Projects

You may be a victim of software counterfeiting