[Blink] error: PJSIP TLS support was disabled, OpenSSL development files probably not present on this system

Richard Prosser richard.prosser at mail.com
Mon May 11 22:26:02 CEST 2015

'darcs' does not work for me, so I am using the tar files, e.g.:

pip install
http://download.ag-projects.com/SipClient/python-sipsimple-2.4.0.tar.gz

Initially this complained that "pkg_config" could not be found but I
managed to install that via http://sourceforge.net/projects/pkgconfiglite.

However the install process now fails with the following error:

running build_ext
Compiling Cython extension sipsimple.core._core
Configuring PJSIP
error: PJSIP TLS support was disabled, OpenSSL development files probably
not present on this system

I then installed OpenSSL via
https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz and set the LIB and
INCLUDE environment variables as appropriate:

$ echo $LIB
/c/OpenSSL-Win32/lib

$ echo $INCLUDE
/c/OpenSSL-Win32/include

but that did not solve the problem.

Does anyone know how make the error go away, please? I am just guessing at
present.

Thanks ...

Richard