[Blink] (no subject)

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Feb 9 15:14:16 CET 2015

On 3 Feb 2015, at 22:54, Ron wrote:

> Hi blink,
>
> Blink 0.9.1.2 is installed on my system, and when it works, I love it. However, something (weird) has happened.
> I have only one contact that I use blink with, and we used it continuously, until just recently.
> We have done file transfers, chats, and voice conversation, until just recently.
> At the present, we can still do file transfers, chats, but only one-way voice conversations (I cannot be heard),

Unless you have some firewall rules on your computer/router that would cause this, the most likely culprit is a router with SIP ALG support. These routers claim to better support SIP, but all they do is break it. I have yet to see a single router that properly supports SIP. Thus, I recommend to check your router and if it has SIP support and disable it. The sip2sip platform is able to properly support NAT traversal without the help of any router.

If you do not have access to your router, you can always try to enforce using TLS, which routers will not mess with. For that go to the account preferences in the Server Settings section and set your outbound proxy to proxy.sipthor.net port 443 TLS

> We both have Skype on our systems, which neither of us don't likes. However, we are now forced to use Skype, as it allows us to do file transfers, chats, and two-way voice conversations.
>
> Neither ISP blocks sip transmissions. I use account ronald_charles at sip2sip.info and my contact uses jimwpg at sip2sip.info
>
> Can you provide any insight as to what might be the problem, as nothing on either computer (my contact, or mine) has been changed since Blink was installed?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ron
> imrich at cogeco.ca
> 2015-02-03
> Global warming is man's fault, and he has to stop it? Man can't even stop a snowflake from falling.

Dan