[Blink] Unicode bug Windows 8

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jul 11 16:31:53 CEST 2014

On 11 Jul 2014, at 16:25, Kuklin István <kuklinster at gmail.com> wrote:

> My username is kuklinistvan1, but I haven't had opportunity to type it in! I have no configuration, I couldn't start Blink since I've installed Windows on this machine.
> The problem isn't that I couldn't log in, the problem is, that I don't even see the window. It crashes before I could set anything. The process disappears in a couple seconds, that's all :(

By the looks of the log you pasted, the problem is when calculating the path to the Downloads directory. We use ‘~/Downloads’ and use a function to expand that to the prover value, but I see it can fail if non-ASCII characters are present on your username. Is this the case? For example if my user was ‘saúl’ the directory would be /Users/saúl/Downloads, but it it were ‘saul’ it would be /Users/saul/Downloads.  The second won’t fail.

Can you confirm that your username has some non-ASCII character?It doesn’t look that way from your last reply, which is very surprising…

Cheers,