[Blink] Unicode bug Windows 8

Kuklin István kuklinster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:13:19 CEST 2014

​Hello,

​
​I have a problem with Blink softphone on a freshly installed x64-based
Windows 8 machine. While on Debian it runs fine, on Windows it simply won't
start. I execute it, then I watch in the task manager as it appears, works
for a couple seconds, then disappears.
I've found a log file​
​ called blink.exe-stderr.log, which is containing this:
http://pastebin.com/QjxzsTXG (on the link).​ I assume there is something
with Python, but I cannot fix the problem​
​. According to some 'ascii' problem, I ​
​note that
my Windows isn't English​
​ and I use a lot of unicode characters. :)​

​I have no idea what to do, but it is the only softphone along CSipSimple
which works with Asterisk PBX using TLS with custom CA and SRTP encryption,
so I'd like to continue using it.

​
​
​Thank you for your help in advice!