[Blink] GRUU-related no ACK problem behind sipX

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Jul 1 15:49:26 CEST 2014

Hello,

I run Blink Pro (v3.9.1 build 14012) behind sipXecs.  I have a problem
where Blink does not receive the ACK after the INVITE's 200 OK, because the
sipX proxy does not send the ACK once received from the originating side.
 I'm trying to figure out why.  Before I go to the sipX folks I wanted to
get some clarification on expected GRUU behavior.

On an inbound call Blink changes the Contact URI in its replies from the
100/180 messages to the 200 OK.  The 100/180s have the RURI of the INVITE
as Contact, while the 200 OK uses the public GRUU URI returned during
initial registration.  I think this is confusing sipX's proxy.

Is this expected behavior?  If so, since sipX claims to support GRUU, an
RFC to cite would be helpful when I open a ticket with them.

- Jeff