[Blink] Serious VoIP problems whenever Blink is connected

Bart Volgers bartvolgers at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 18:07:39 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using both FritzBox 7170 & 7340

The only problem I encountered with Blink on the Lan of a FritzBox was that I had to switch of an audio codexes to get it working.
I ended up in only using G.711.a
This can also be due to the fact that my VOIP (& Internet) provider XS4ALL.nl only handle this codex.

I do use Blink directly on the the FritzBox. which works great
I also use Blink directly on external VOIP providers. which works also OK.

So it can work properly with a FritzBox

The whole 9.40 minute problem reminds me of the trail version of programs like Audio Hijack, that overlay audio with noise after a specific time. Any audio program present that might interfere?

What you also can try:

[] Switch off Blink's: "Acoustic Echo Cancelation" it's in Settings -> Audio
[] Look at the latency graph and packet loss, anything unusual there when the robo voice thing starts ? (When connected click the "I" icon in the Audio session window to get the Session information.
[] Try an totally different VOIP provider just to exclude that it's not your provider.
[] Switch your client computers from WiFi to wired, just to exclude radio interference ( a bad magnetron can screw up your connection, I have hands on expressions with this. I found this out while streaming music, normal browsing seamed to work fine. When I found out WiFi was the curl pit, I switched from 7170 to 7340 just for having WiFi N which is on 5Ghz and my problems where gone)
[] Check if you have other switches / hubs (beside the FritzBox) in your network. Pull it out and test if the problem is still there.

Hope this helps trouble shooting.

Lots of success, Bart