[Blink] Dial out to POTS services providers

Mario Labelle mlabelle at resilius.com
Wed Jun 12 17:50:52 CEST 2013

Hi Medi,

A French provider, OVH, charges EUR 1.18 per month, all taxes included, for unlimited (*) calls to 40 countries, including the U.S. It works perfectly well with Blink.

Downside is that you can't have a U.S. number, you only have the choice of U.K., France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium.

(*) Other minor downsides (which I found are not an issue for me) are a maximum of 100 different called numbers per month, and 1 hour per call (but you can call back right away and start the clock running again for another hour). But if you just need to call out to fewer than 100 numbers a month, it's a cheap and reliable option.

I've used it with Blink from several countries in Europe and also from Canada, calling to a number of different countries.

Cheers,

Mario

Mediacast Guy (2013-06-12 17:19)