[Blink] Gray Account Names

Mediacast Guy mediacastguy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:11:43 CET 2013

I am so totally confused. Let me apologize for dragging the group down to the
beginner level, but I don't know where else to go for help.

Thinking I had everything under control, I installed Blink on a new computer
this morning. When I added an existing sip2sip.info account, it was grayed out
indicating that it was not properly registered. Since I have that same account
fully registered on another computer, I did a screen-by-screen comparison of the
account information. I manually entered MSRP Relay, XCAP Root URL, and Server
Tools URL. The account still did not fully register.

Next, I created a new sip2sip.info account using the Blink "Add Account" |
"Create a free SIP account" process. The new account is fully registered and
working correctly.

Here is where I'm confused:

1. Once the new account was added, the original account became fully registered.

2. The new account does not have MSRP Relay, XCAP Root URL, or Server Tools URL
entries.

3. I chose not to install the Bonjour SDK. Does that matter if I'm not using
Bonjour?

Is there something going on "under the hood" that I cannot see? Manually
entering getonsip.com accounts now works every time.

MCG