[Blink] Solving Blink segfault on Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Sep 7 12:49:20 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Some of you have previously written to our mailing list letting us know that Blink gave a sefault on Ubuntu 120.04 Precise.
After digging we found the cause for it and unfortunately is bug introduced by Ubuntu in the latest libgcrypt11 version.

There is report on Ubuntu bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgcrypt11/+bug/1013798

We hope the maintainers of libgcrypt11 library on Ubuntu can address this issue. In the mean time we uploaded a fixed libgcrypt version
to our repository, so doing a upgrade will fix the issue. While this version fixes the bug that was causing Blink to segfault, it's unclear if it can
affect other areas of the system, so keep this in mind.

In order to update libgcrypt you can do the following from a terminal:

sudo apt-get install libgcrypt11

Please let us know if you run into issues and we'll do our best to help.

Kind regards,