[Blink] ZIPDX and PIN code

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Mar 22 20:25:58 CET 2012

Hi,

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:59 PM, Petter Olsson wrote:

> I am using petterolsson at sip2sip.info and calling 1234567 at login.zipdx.com
>
> The number on the ZIPDX account is the PIN code and if I have a PIN
> starting with Zero I simply get an error that I can not call PSTN
> lines.

I see. Blink will use your account proxy (in this case sip2sip.info) before reaching the destination by default. That is:

You <--> sip2sip.info <--> zipdx

If the number starts with a 0 it may look like a PSTN number and thus sip2sip.info will route it incorrectly. A good solution for this is to abandon phone numbers ;-)

But since that is a bit complex, you can toggle the "Always use my proxy" setting in the SIP Signaling advanced section for your account. This way Blink will connect directly to ZIPdx.

However, take into account that if the remote endpoint doesn't do NAT traversal (I believe ZIPdx does) you could have trouble.