[Blink] Blink Pro and Sonetel?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 21 13:27:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Scott Wilson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I initiate a call the outbound audio works but the inbound is
> silent.  I think it may be a problem on their end, I just tried a
> couple of different clients with the same result.

Then it's most likely s problem on the server side. You may try sip2sip.info, it's a free service and if it works ok it means there is no problem in your local network.

> But more generally when I set up blink to connect to sonetel, I have
> to use my email address as the sip URL, the first half of my email as
> the auth username, and their sip proxy in the sip signaling pane.
> This results in a lot of dns lookups against gmail which is really not
> involved in the transaction at all.

I've seen something similar to this, but I can't remember the provider. Anyway, since they are providing you with a SIP service, there is probably an outbound proxy you can configure in Blink, otherwise you'll never find the SIP server for gmail.com :-)

Also, keep in mind that if they are sending the SIP traffic pretending to be user at gmail.com (ie, in the From header) you'll never be able to receive any calls.