[Blink] Unable to start blink (ImportError: cannot import name get_acceptor)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon May 23 20:18:50 CEST 2011

Hi Paul,

On May 23, 2011, at 8:09 PM, Paul Belanger wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I just did a fresh install of blink from the Ubuntu Lucid repo[1] however blink will not start because of an ImportError (see below):
>
> --
> pabelanger at sideswipe:~$ blink
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/blink", line 24, in <module>
>    from blink import Blink
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/blink/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
>    from sipsimple.application import SIPApplication
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sipsimple/application.py", line 29, in <module>
>    from sipsimple.session import SessionManager
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sipsimple/session.py", line 39, in <module>
>    from sipsimple.streams import MediaStreamRegistry, InvalidStreamError, UnknownStreamError
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sipsimple/streams/__init__.py", line 97, in <module>
>    from sipsimple.streams import rtp, msrp
>  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/sipsimple/streams/msrp.py", line 37, in <module>
>    from msrplib.connect import get_acceptor, get_connector, MSRPRelaySettings
> ImportError: cannot import name get_acceptor

If you just installed it you probably have python-msrplib 0.14.0, which I pushed today. That package contains some API changes which are reflected in python-sipsimple 0.18.1. I'm still dealing with some issues in the build process, so tomorrow you'll probably get it fixed by just updating.

In case it takes longer than expected, you can build python-msrplib manually by downloading it from here: http://download.ag-projects.com/SipClient/python-msrplib-0.12.1.tar.gz