[Blink] blink on Debian working now but using significant CPU when idle

dlakelan dlakelan at street-artists.org
Sun May 22 22:17:09 CEST 2011

On 05/20/2011 10:54 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

>> I'm sorry I guess I didn't make that clear enough in the first
>> email. Everything is from standard Debian repositories, nothing is
>> hand-built. Some of it is of course a few weeks out of date since
>> it's testing after all, but it was dist-upgraded to testing in
>> early April.
>>

> Then I guess there is a combination of libraries that doesn't work.
> Unfortunately I can't reproduce it with my system, which is a more
> recent Testing system.
>
> Given that the crash is caused by a component of the Qt library, I
> expect that to be fixed after some package upgrade.

Sure enough a dist-upgrade to current testing has enabled me to use
Blink. It seems like a very nice application. I do have a question about
audio and cpu usage though. When blink is idle, not on a call, it still
uses considerable CPU both in blink, and via pulseaudio apparently
recording and mixing zeros, this is with pulse audio on a current up to
date Debian testing system.

Is blink supposed to close those audio streams during idle, or is there
a reason for keeping them open? Are there settings that I can tweak to
reduce the CPU usage during idle time?