[Blink] Audio Problems

Mediacast Guy mediacastguy at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:42:49 CEST 2011

On 5/18/2011 11:26 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On May 18, 2011, at 5:18 PM, Mediacast Guy wrote:
>
>> Blink and I are having audio issues. When I connect with another user, he cannot
>> hear me well, and I cannot hear him well.
>>
>> 1) When I use Blink to connect to TalkShoe, no problem.
>> 2) When I use Blink to connect to the echo test or time service, no problem.
>> 3) When I use Skype to connect to my buddy, no problem.
>> 4) When I use X-Lite to connect to my buddy, no problem.
>>
> What do you mean by 'hear him well'? Volume, saturation, choppiness?
>
>> But when we connect with Blink using any of the codecs, we're both low audio. In
>> each case, the same computer is used with the same mics and speakers. The same
>> audio sources are selecting in the audio control panel. One operating system is
>> Windows XP, and the other is Windows 7.
>>
>> I'm sure the problem is on our end rather than with Blink, but I am unable to
>> find a solution. Blink is a fabulous product that will probably grow in
>> popularity once Microsoft gets its claws into Skype, but for now, it is only
>> useful for us with the services I mentioned above.
>>
> Please give us some more details about how the audio quality actually is, but take into account that each machine is different (in the PC world) so there is very little we can do here.
>

> Regards,
>
> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> AG Projects

The only problem we are having is volume. The connectivity is good. The sound is
good. The audio volume is low. The reason I post here is that between Skype,
X-Lite, Logitech Vid HD, Paltalk, TalkShoe, and Ustream (the audio applets),
Blink is the only application with which we are having a problem. I'm extremely
experienced in PC audio and am a former broadcast and recording engineer with a
degree in Electronics Engineering. The only reason I mention these things is to
establish that I'm not a hobbyist just playing around, although I will admit
that I must be doing something totally stupid.

If I could find someone with Blink who would be willing to make or receive a
call, I would have a better chance of troubleshooting the problem. However, my
appeals for a volunteer here and elsewhere have gone unanswered.

Thanks for your help. Even if I never get Blink to work between us individual
users, I absolutely love it for TalkShoe.