[Blink] Blink over VPN using the wrong ip address in headers

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon May 16 11:25:24 CEST 2011

On 13 May 2011, at 3:22, Christian Kujau wrote:

> I see it now, SUBSCRIBE seems to get through, REGISTER does not.
> But why does Blink pass the 192.168.0.103 to the server anyway?
> If I had a few more addresses assigned to my computer, would it (randomly) send an
> address to the server?

No, the addresses are not randomly selected. The address of the interface that will be used to send out the packet is chosen, or in some cases if that cannot be determined, the address of the default interface is chosen (the one that has the default route). I do not recall right now in which case which is chosen, but they are chosen deterministically.

--
Dan