[Blink] Connecting to a Landline conference call

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Mon May 16 09:16:21 CEST 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Byron Cochrane wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed Blink with an SIP2SIP account. It works great and
> the quality is very good.
>
> I have run into a couple of problems that I hope someone has some
> solutions to.
>
> Most important for my situation is I seem to be unable to join in on a
> landline based conference call. I live in New Zealand and have a weekly
> business meet in Australia that I join via conference line. I usually
> use Skype, a landline or sometimes a cell connection to participate.
> This week I thought I would try my new Blink soft phone. But I could not
> connect. It gave me the message "Call locked by another call in
> progess". Of there is another call in progress - it is a conference
> line. Can anyone help me out here?

This is caused by a limitation in the sip2sip.info prepaid service. Using a prepaid balance only one call can be made to PSTN at the time.

If you open a ticket at sip2sip with a request to increase this limit, it can be solved.

> Also, I usually am on a VPN when I attend these meetings. But when I
> join the VPN, Blink no longer can connect to anything. I assume this is
> due to settings on the VPN network. If so, what needs to be changed on
> the VPN network to allow these calls through?

Well, a VPN means you are behind a network that has a firewall of some sort.  They may be blocking SIP all together. You can check the SIP logs if you get any replies back or not.

Does other SIP client work in that environment?