[Blink] Incompatible SIP services

A.M. agentm at themactionfaction.com
Wed Mar 30 16:52:27 CEST 2011

On Mar 30, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Klaus Meßlinger wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I admit that it is an unprofessional attitude from 1&1. They contacted me to let me know they don't have it on their roadmap to support RFC 5389.
>
> On the other hand: 1&1 is the biggest internet and SIP provider in Germany, so there are lots of potential buyers for Blink Pro. And, as I gather from the names on this forum, there are also lots of German Blink supporters (i.e. potential or actual customers). So, as tough a decision as it is, it would be to Blink's advantage to support a deprecated standard, because it concerns so many people. Like me.
>
> X-Lite/Bria worked from the start with a perfect connection and sound quality and really straight-forward setup. As much as I like Blink Pro, I simply cannot change my provider that I use for both home and work lines, because they are not compatible with a one of many applications. No offence - I just have to be realistic.
>
> Still, I don't want my money back, because you're doing a brilliant job, and you're very professional and perfectly responsive.

If you really want to use Blink, you can install a back-to-back user agent (b2bua) which supports STUN to mask the incompatibility. For example, SipXchange ships with a preconfigured freeswitch installation for SIP trunking. Unfortunately, I don't know of any b2bua that is easy to setup. Suggestions?

However, even with a b2bua, there is still no guarantee that 1&1 will work your NAT setup.

Cheers,