[Blink] Multiparty screen-sharing using SIP

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Dec 22 16:10:13 CET 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Emil Ivov wrote:

> Nice!
>
> Does Silk server act as a focus here?

Yes, it does act as a focus

> What I mean is, does every participant stream once and then rely on Silk
> to duplicate the flows?

SylkServer make the screen available over a HTTPS url , the client must fetch it if interested.

> Or is there a separate connection between every windows sharing client
> and server?

Yes, the mechanism is described in detail here with actual sample payloads.

http://sylkserver.com/applications.phtml

Server advertises support for this feature using a chatroom extension
Client recognizes the feature and pushes screen if user wants
Server the make available over HTTP what was pushed
Server publishes HTTP location using conference info payload
Clients interested connect to the URL

Adrian