[Blink] accessibility bug: minor: Blink Cocoa
lists at zufelt.ca
Tue Sep 14 11:52:30 CEST 2010
I ran across your product looking for an open source accessible SIP client for Mac. You rock!
A couple of tiny accessibility bugs I have noticed (using Snow Leopard and the built-in VoiceOver screen-reader). I'd be happy to file these in your bug tracker, but didn't find on on the site.
I am more than happy to help you in any way I can to improve the accessibility of this application. Please let me know how I can help.
1. Unlabelled controls at bottom of main window.
There are three unlabelled controls at the bottom (object model) of the main window. Two buttons (one for start audio and one for start remote desktop) and a checkbox for ring setting. Each has a help description (tooltip I believe), but no accessible description or "title".
2. The Account selection drop down does not have an accessible name or description.
3. The display name edit control does not have an accessible title / description
4. The Presence activity drop down does not have an accessible title / description.
5. What I assume is the contacts list (table) does not have an accessible title / description.
This is the main screen, the problems are similar on other screens.
An explanation of accessible title / description:
Why is it important?
So that users of assistive technology understand the purpose of the UI control, the function the control performs.
How to implement in Cocoa?
Basically by setting the accessible description or title for a UI control.
Follow me on Twitter
View my LinkedIn Profile
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Blink