[Blink] Connection problems...

Asko Kauppi asko at bmdesign.fi
Mon Oct 4 22:07:53 CEST 2010

Thanks for the referring to SIP-ALG.

I checked that and indeed my Zyxel P-660HW-D1 should get SIP-ALG switched off.

However, doing that gave no change to the behaviour of Blink.  Maybe something else is on the way as well.

How should I be debugging such cases?

OS X firewall is off - it's not that.

-asko

Background:

	"Models: 660 family comes with SIP ALG enabed by default.
	Issues:
	• No incoming calls.
	• SIP protocol broken making 50% of outgoing calls impossible because the wrong values are inserted into SIP headers.
	"
	http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Routers+SIP+ALG

What I did on the ADSL router:

	- enable telnet (Advanced > Remote MGMT > Telnet > Access status: LAN)

	- $ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Password: ******
Copyright (c) 1994 - 2006 ZyXEL Communications Corp.
P-660HW-D1> ip nat service sip active 0
SIP ALG Disable
P-660HW-D1> exit
Connection closed by foreign host.