[Blink] DNS lookup failure

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Dec 19 20:02:37 CET 2010

On Dec 19, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Hendrik Schweppe wrote:

> Hi Conrad,
>
> I guess this is the same problem I experienced. In fact, it is a problem
> of Blink with your network's firewall configurations (at least for me).
>
> Blink refuses to use the nameservers provided via DHCP but directly
> queries your registrar's DNS servers. This fails for a lot of firewalls as they don't
> allow direct DNS requests.
>
> I asked for a changed behavior, but the response I got was that many local
> routers (i.e. cheap DSL routers) can't handle SRV requests and thus blink
> would not go for the configured DNS server, unfortunately.

We did change this behavior.

The latest version first tries the local resolvers provided by DHCP, if they fail to probe some known NAPTR and SRV records from sip2sip.info domain we use public Google recursive resolvers instead.  If none work than of course is little DNS can do for you.  Do both resolvers fail?