[Blink] Blink on Win XP

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Dec 17 18:19:24 CET 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Michael Graves wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:27:41 +0100, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
>
>> I see that you receive an INVITE to:
>>
>> INVITE sip:jfrupwsa at 192.168.10.9:4800;aor=mgraves.4 at pixelpower.onsip.comom SIP/2.0
>>
>> The URI is invalid, it contains two @
>>
>> Blink registered this URI, it will ring if you get INVITE to it:
>>
>> <sip:jfrupwsa at 192.168.10.9:4800>
>
> This is confusing to a non-developer.

That is something internal, as end-user you do not use that address and you are not aware of it, is called Contact Address, the address where you are attached on the network. But the point is that your provider must use that address when sending calls to your SIP phones.

> I have Blink registered using the
> account sip:mgraves.4 at pixelpower.onsip.com.

Yes, this is the only thing you need to know to get calls in, the rest is automagically routed by the SIP server of your provider.

> This is my employers hosted
> pbx service.

Yes, when you start Blink you register on the server of your provider, that is you bind your address mgraves.4 at pixelpower.onsip.com to your attachment point on the internet (the Contact Address), that is your address and port on your computer where Blink application listens to for packets. If you change your attachment point like from wifi to wired ethernet that address changes and you register again. That address changes every tome you have another IP address and SIP makes sure it binds it to your user at domain in the sip server.

Your provider must use this contact address in  their INVITE when someone calls mgraves.4 at pixelpower.onsip.com.

So as end-user you do not have to know your contact address only your provider server software cares about it.

> The account sip:jfrupwsa means nothing to me.....

Correct, it should not either. But if you operator does not use it properly you do not get calls in.

>> Now it is normal that Blink does not ring because the INVITE does not match any account.
>>
>> But does it crash because of this? Or the crash problem is another one?
>
> The crash occurs when trying to access the echo test or call test. Not
> consistently, but often enough.

The crash is a consequence of that Invite coming in with a bogus address, the app crashes and you see this later when you make a new call.

We will make sure it does not crash, but you will still not get calls in because your provider put an invalid address in their signaling.

Adrian