[Blink] Blink on Win XP

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Dec 17 18:04:14 CET 2010

On 17/12/10 5:42 PM, Michael Graves wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:27:41 +0100, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
>
>> I see that you receive an INVITE to:
>>
>> INVITE sip:jfrupwsa at 192.168.10.9:4800;aor=mgraves.4 at pixelpower.onsip.comom SIP/2.0
>>
>> The URI is invalid, it contains two @
>>
>> Blink registered this URI, it will ring if you get INVITE to it:
>>
>> <sip:jfrupwsa at 192.168.10.9:4800>
>
> This is confusing to a non-developer. I have Blink registered using the
> account sip:mgraves.4 at pixelpower.onsip.com. This is my employers hosted
> pbx service.

Hi Michael and thanks for your help debugging :-)

We do have a bug in Blink, we of course shouldn't crash, but Adrian is
right, that URI is wrong so we can't accept that call.

Here is why:

This is the grammar for a request URI:

SIP-URI	=	"sip:"
[ userinfo ]   hostport   uri-parameters   [ headers ]

Now lets see that "uri-parameters" format:

other-param	=	pname   [ "="   pvalue ]

pname	=	1*paramchar
pvalue	=	1*paramchar
paramchar	=	param-unreserved / unreserved / escaped
param-unreserved	=	"["   /   "]"   /   "/"   /   ":"   /   "&"   /   "+"
   /   "$"

You may see it better here:
http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-abnf-sip.html#other-param

The "@" sign is reserved and it should be percent-encoded, that is,
converted to %40.

In any case I'm not sure if we can use the "Postel's principle"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle) here...