[Blink] Blink hangs on Linux when accessing sound device

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Dec 5 12:09:42 CET 2010

Quote:

Open the Skype options and switch to the audio settings. Set all devices, except your microphone, to pulse. Setting the microphone to pulse would result in very high CPU load. Please note that I'm using the standard Skype version - not the static OSS version. I tried it but the sound quality was incredibly bad.

The main problem with Pulseaudio and Skype on Fedora 9 (maybe also on other distributions) is stuttering, crackling sound. This stuttering and crackling appears only with Skype - all other applications are working without any problems. We can fix this by changing pulseaudio's resample method and some other settings.

su -
%root_password%
vi /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
Add the following lines at the end of the file:
high-priority = yes
nice-level = -11
realtime-scheduling = yes
realtime-priority = 5